Friday, July 1, 2011

Pre Diagnosis

My plantar fasciitis lasted for about 2 years and was healed through prayer but that's another story. The pain in my legs and hips increased every time I was up walking around. I would sit down and the pain would continue to worsen for about 2 hours then slowly get better. Then I noticed that my upper arms were painful to the lightest touch. Then my entire back was achy and eventually my upper chest would hurt. I would make it to end of work and then go home and crawl in bed. As time went on, the amount of time I could last shortened till I couldn't think after 2 hours at work. I started telling my doctor my symptoms and we tried aniti-depressants, muscle relaxants, sleep meds (because sometimes I couldn't sleep because of the pain) and a few pain meds as needed. Finally one day I took the pain meds every 4 hours and it was amazing. I actually was functioning at about 70 percent of normal. So I made an appointment with my doctor and showed her what I found out. She ordered scheduled pain meds for me, and amazingly I found I could work for 6 hours straight. Some days I would go straight to bed but other days I could even cook dinner, do dishes and laundry, before I ended up in bed. It was like getting a major piece of my life back.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home